The Masterclass Series Experience
Working from a robust research and evidence base and providing concrete techniques teachers can use immediately, the Masterclass Series supports teachers to build more high-impact instruction into their own classrooms through:
A learning environment where every participant commits to implementing and practising the instructional strategies during the course.
Access to a video bank with over 200 videos and a lesson library featuring more than 180 curriculum resources, enabling participants to enhance their classrooms and support colleagues.
5 spaced days of professional learning that deepen understanding of the research, seeing instructional strategies in action, digging into high quality examples and modelling, with hands-on testing and trialling.
Tools for tracking the impact of the changes they make, including comparing student progress and achievement data and collecting student voice.
Opportunities for meaningful self-reflection and multiple rounds of video coaching that enable participants to complete the course feeling confident with the practices in their own classroom.
"It is wonderful to attend Professional Learning where you can immediately see such a huge difference in teaching and learning when you return and begin to trial new ideas and procedures in the classroom. I am excited to continue building on my knowledge and helping to embed high-impact instruction across the school."
- Kelly Paul, Literacy Leader, North Perth Primary School
Who Can Participate in the Masterclass?
- Teachers with students in K-Year 2;
- Teacher leaders, including Heads of Learning Areas/ Department, Teacher in Charge and primary instructional leaders with classroom teaching responsibilities; and
- Administrative leaders, including principals, associate principals, and deputy principals as part of the administrative leaders stream.
There are a maximum of 75 places available for each Masterclass and applications are selective. It is important that teachers feel supported to implement these strategies back at school, therefore, to increase the likelihood of a teacher being awarded a place, schools should commit to sending a minimum of 2 participants.
Schools that are able to commit to sending a member of their senior administration to the first workshop will be given preference in the application process. This ensures that leaders are able to provide further support back at school for teachers in the Masterclass.
- Commitment of a senior administrative member to attend the first day of professional learning.
- Applicant’s commitment to evidence-based teaching practices.
- Schools’ commitment to high-impact instruction (or high-impact teaching practices, high impact teaching strategies, evidence-based teaching practices, or instruction aligned to cognitive science).
- All participating schools must have had participants participate in a Year 3-10 Cohort.
- All participating schools must commit to trialling and/or using at least one valid assessment from appendix 1 and at least one valid evidence-based program from appendix 2 in the ‘Primary Reading Pledge‘.
K-Year 2 Course Dates
The Masterclass Dates for 2024 are subject to change.
For any networks wishing to discuss a local delivery model (including options to schedule cohorts in your region on professional learning days), please contact us at email@example.com.
|Practical Session 1||Practical Session 2||Practical Session 3||Practical Session 4||Practical Session 5|
|Tuesday, 30 January
(Term 1, Week 1)
|Tuesday, 5 March
(Term 1, Week 6)
|Friday, 26 April
(Term 2, Week 2)
|Monday, 22 July
(Term 3, Week 2)
|Thursday, 10 October
(Term 4, Week 1)
|Monday, 11 March
(Term 1, Week 7)
|Friday, 17 May
(Term 2, Week 5)
|Thursday, 20 June
(Term 2, Week 10)
|Thursday, 15 August
(Term 3 Week 5)
|Tuesday, 22 October
(Term 4, Week 3)
|Tuesday, 14 May
(Term 2, Week 5)
|Thursday, 18 July
(Term 3, Week 1)
|Monday, 2 September
(Term 3, Week 8)
|Friday, 25 October
(Term 4, Week 3)
|Thursday, 21 November
(Term 4, Week 7)
Thanks to the generous support of a local WA philanthropist, successful applicants will be awarded a scholarship towards this cost.
Secure your Masterclass spot at the early bird scholarship price of $2,950 + GST per successful applicant (for Perth cohorts). Additional costs, including relief, will be covered by participating schools.
For any networks wishing to discuss a local delivery model, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Masterclass series is certainly the best Professional Development I have been a part of. Not only is the content and resources fantastic and relevant I was also able to put it into practice straight away and receive timely feedback. I am grateful for the opportunity and strongly encourage others to get involved!”
- Zoe Smith, Early Childhood Teacher, Baldivis Primary School
“Teach Well has completely revolutionised my pedagogy. The students are so engaged and positive about learning. I am amazed by their capacity to retain knowledge and concepts I taught them months ago. The established routines have benefited all students, especially the students at educational risk.”
- Jayde Hickey, Early Childhood Teacher, Glen Huon Primary School
“I have been teaching for 37 years and have found Teach Well to be one of the best professional learning courses I have ever attended. I have shared my learnings with other colleagues who are equally impressed with the resources and understandings we have come away with. Thank you for affording me the opportunity to refine my teaching practice further.”
- Jo Sadler, Early Childhood Teacher, North Mandurah Primary School
Scholarships will be awarded as applications are processed, so we encourage school leaders and teachers to submit their applications early to improve their chances of receiving a scholarship. Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled, but no later than three weeks before the course commencement date. If all places are filled, successful applicants will be offered a place in a future Masterclass cohort.
For principals, applying for multiple teachers
- Discuss the opportunity with staff and decide which teachers you would like to nominate.
- Ensure the availability for your teachers for all five professional learning days.
- Determine which senior admin member will attend Day 1.
For Individual Teachers/Leaders
For individual teachers or leaders wishing to apply
- Improve your chances of being accepted by finding a colleague in your school to complete the Masterclass with you.
- Ensure your availability for all five professional learning days.
- Submit a signed letter of support from your Principal or Deputy detailing your commitment to evidence-based teaching and their commitment to ensuring you have the necessary IT and technology support to ensure you are able to submit footage for the video coaching component.